Tuesday, March 06, 2007

RealChristianSingles.com

Hi Folks,

Here for your reading pleasure is my latest interview with the proprietor of an online dating site:

Q&A with Lee Wilson of Real Christian Singles.com

Hi Lee,

Thank you for consenting to this interview. Prior to composing the questions, I took a look at your site, Real Christian Singles, and aside from an arbitrary thought or two about what constitutes fake Christian singles ... lol, I found the site to be crisp, clean and well organized. I also noted some features that I'd like to hear about so let's begin shall we?

Q: Why an online dating website?

A: I'm tired of Christians feeling as though they have no options except to compromise their values by dating or even marrying someone who does not hold their Christian values. I want to help increase the number of marriages that are two people who follow Jesus and will raise hildren to follow Him. Plus, it's tons of fun!

Q: I notice that your services are free. What was the basis for that decision?

A: In my mind, the members of the site are the actual draw to the site. They are that make the site fun and active. So I don't want to prevent single Christians who do not have the extra cash to pay out. So I offer membership and use of all features for free. The site is funded by book sales and Google ads.

Q: Have you used your own service? If so, what was the outcome?

A: I use the site for the message forum and my signature there tells everyone that I'm married. I don't use the site's service, I just offer it.

Q: How long have you been in business and what's the greatest lesson you've learned?

A: We've been online since 2004. The greatest lesson I've learned is that when you
bust your butt to provide a great product, people will use it and enjoy it.

Q: I see that you have a book store that sells books geared towards Christian Singles. Great idea! How has it been working so far and how
would an author offer his/her book for sale on your site?


A: We sell some books, it helps to pay the bills. An author with a published book can email us (the email address is on our website) and we'll review it.

Q: What would be the best piece of advice you would give to real Christian singles curious but unsure about the whole online dating
thing?

A: I'd say that life is too short not to be a seeker. Meeting a Christian online is no different than meeting that person at church, college or work. That person is just as much a real person and could be just as much a Godsend.

Thanks Lee for allowing us a peek into the motivating factors of your site.

Well there you have it folks, with a membership of about 10,000 there are opportunities to seek and possibly find real Christian singles.

Til next time,
Dee

No comments: