Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The LuLu Blooker Award

I know I've just been full of changes and news and no posts lately, but this is the last one...I promise.

I've entered this blog into The Lulu Blooker Prize 2006. The Lulu Blooker Prize is the world's first literary prize devoted to "blooks": books based on blogs or websites.

Awarded in three categories:
Fiction • Non-Fiction • Comics



What, exactly, is a blook?
A blook is a book with content that was developed in a significant way from material originally presented on a blog, web-comic or other website. This material includes the website's characters, themes, ideas or outline that ends up getting published as a printed book.

The full dictionary definition of a blook is as follows:


blook n. blook. A printed and bound book, based on a blog (cf. web log) or website; a new stage in the life-cycle of content, if not a new category of content and a new dawn for the book itself. cf. The Lulu Blooker Prize, ("The Blooker"), a literary prize, founded 2005, for blooks. [der. Eng. book, a bound collection of sheets of paper; blog (abbrev. web log, an internet journal, diary or personal website)]
Why this blog and not one of my others? Well...I guess because you guys have consistently voted for this blog on BlogExplosion battle of the blogs and at 137 this is my highest ranking blog. It also seems to appeal to both men and women which is always a good thing in terms of a book.

So I need to get these posts organized into some kind of format and printed via Lulu.com and three copies mailed out by January 30th, 2006.

Doable...I think.

Here are blooks already submitted

Here are the rules.

Here's the FAQ

Here's the entry form

What are you waiting on? Join me!

No comments: