Thursday, December 29, 2005

That's More Like It! (6)

Tuesday, March 25, 2003:

I checked BV to see if I got any notes. Only two notes, not up to BP standards, but it will do.

The first note was from Jagman (not a bad name) so I opened it. He is from Maryland, (ok a plus), 5’ 10’1/2” tall, (another plus), no pic, (cancelled out the other pluses).

He wanted to know why I was on there and why am I single.

An old pro on fielding that question by now, I responded by telling him, I was single by choice. (Hmm…a cheating fiancĂ© and a cheating husband?) I replied that I’d dropped the zeroes and was holding out for a hero.

Right away he responded and made it clear that he is looking for someone and isn't prepared to do the phone/email thing for any length of time. He also wanted to set up a meeting.

Although gratified by his straightforward attitude, it was a little scary and off putting. I’m not one for too much B.S. or flattery, but a little wouldn’t have hurt! Aside from his inferred compliment by asking me what am I doing on that site. His compliment quota is in no danger of being reached.

I am a contrary mess, aren’t I? I don’t trust effusive compliments, and this brother is doing everything I say I prefer…so what’s the problem? It’s just a feeling I have.

Oh wow! V8 moment, he didn’t mention anything about his beliefs and I was so busy focusing on the lack of compliments I totally missed that.

You’re slipping girl. Priorities, remember?

Christian male equals fewer headaches. Say it with me now, Christian male equals fewer headache! Okay.



To Be Continued…

Just joining us? Here's what you've missed so far: Synopsis, (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5)

No comments: